I mainly build bespoke instruments to commission, however just occasionally I find time in my build schedule to produce unique 'luthier choice' banjos. These are carefully designed for optimum tone and aesthetics, and built to the same high standard as my custom builds. An opportunity to get hold of a Badger's Moon Banjo without the wait; they will appear on this page as they are completed. To order, contact me via the 'Contact and Ordering' page on the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm more than happy to provide additional photos, videos, sound samples or information, so do get in touch with any queries. Happy picking!
Cherry & Ebony 'Whyte Laydie' inspired open back banjo
This instrument is now sold, however more luthier's choice builds are planned to become available in the new year. Alternatively, you can get in touch to order a bespoke instrument with a current lead time of 8-9 months.
£2,050 including hard shell case, free shipping within UK*
*I'm very happy to ship internationally- please enquire for prices.
A contemporary instrument with a nod to the turn of the century classics; for those seeking that elusive pre-war old-timey sound! The Whyte Laydie tone ring gives a rich and bright tone, without the harsh metallic 'twang' of some other heavier metal tone rings. Plenty of drive and volume to hold its own in a session. This versatile instrument is well suited to old time clawhammer and 2 finger picking styles, and even a bit of Scrugg's style 3 finger picking.
- American cherry 11" block rim
- Herringbone purfling inlay
- Cherry & fumed eucalyptus pinstripes
- Ebony rim cap
- Engraved 24 hook notched tension hoop
- Pisgah Hawktail tailpiece and ball hanger
- Dowel stick neck fixing with Vega style neck brace
- American black walnut/ cherry arm rest with cherry & fumed eucalyptus pinstripes
~ Calf skin head, varnished for protection from humidity changes
- 25.5" scale length
- American cherry neck with two fumed eucalyptus pin stripes
- Ebony fretboard and peghead overlay
- Cherry& fumed eucalyptus underlay
- Dobson style heel
- 'Paddle' shape peghead
- Arch frailing scoop
- Mosaic fretboard markers
- White mother of pearl star side markers
- Black walnut/ white MOP hare peghead inlay
- Leader Banjo Co. Planetary geared tuning pegs